GROUPS AND DENOMINATIONS THAT TEACH BAPTISMAL REGENERATION
This page is actually the last part of the page arrived at by the link: Is there any act that people must do to be forgiven of their sins and thus be accepted by God? The truth about faith and water baptism. Although this page lists the stand-alone subject of groups that teach baptismal regeneration, I highly suggest that people read the referenced page in order in understand the doctrinal flow. Also, there are some important additional things written about on that page, including some hard Scriptural sayings, that are omitted here.
Below I have listed groups and denominations that hold to the doctrine of salvation by works established in their doctrine that water baptism is necessary for forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation. By simply and only holding to such teaching they constitute themselves as not Christians! Church groups they are; Christian assemblies they are not! I reveal them because it is utterly important that “we not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the Gospel will remain with you”!
I am not listing groups that claim exclusive revelation among their teachings, for example, the Mormon Church. It isn’t my purpose to examine their teachings. This subject visits the teachings of churches that claim to have correct interpretation without additional exclusive revelation.
CATHOLIC OR CATHOLIC ORIENTED:
(Here Catholic Oriented deals exclusively with the significance of water baptism rather than with other Catholic ornamentation.)
* Roman Catholic Churches and offshoot (Western type) Catholic Churches
* Eastern Catholic Churches – better known as Eastern Orthodox Churches and offshoot Orthodox Churches
* Anglican Churches and offshoot Anglican Churches
* American Anglican Churches and offshoot American Anglican Churches
* American Episcopal Churches and offshoot Episcopal Churches
* Methodist Churches and offshoot Methodist Churches
* Lutheran Churches and offshoot Lutheran Churches
* Christian Churches and offshoot Christian Churches
* Disciples of Christ Churches and offshoot Disciples of Christ Churches
* Church of Christ Churches and offshoot Church of Christ Churches
* United Pentecostal Churches (United Pentecostal Church International) and offshoot United Pentecostal Churches
Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber...Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep."
Although, strictly speaking, Jesus was primarily talking about men as being thieves and robbers of other men's souls, applying this saying to the means by which they steal - their false teachings - cannot and must not be overlooked.
And He said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”